Are you an American? Are you sure? Are you a Constitution-respecting patriotic law-abiding citizen who values responsible government and loves and wants what’s best for your country? Yes? Again, are you sure? Ok, answer this…
Who’s your president?
Such a simple question, yet so many varied responses when there is only one valid and correct response. Stop, sit down, and repeat after me… Joe Biden is my president. I know that about killed some of you, didn’t it? It’s the cold hard truth. If you are an American citizen Joe Biden is your president (we’re not entertaining Trump’s “Big Lie” about the election). Period. Grow up. Stop being a child. Get over it.
To make this clear…
- Right now, as of May 28, 2021, Joe Biden is your president.
- Last year at this time Donald Trump was your president.
- Four years before that Barack Obama was your president.
- Eight years before that George W Bush was your president.
- Eight years before that Bill Clinton was your president.
- Eight years before that George HW Bush was your president.
- Four years before that Ronald Reagan was your president.
- Eight years before that Jimmy Carter was your president.
- …and so on and so forth.
Did you catch that second one? Last year Donald Trump was your, and my, president. Do I like saying that? Of course not, Donald Trump is a lying cheat and thief and the worst president we have ever had, but I acknowledge him as my president at that time because it was a fact. For four years Donald Trump was my president. I choose to be a reasonable and rational adult living in the real world rather than a tantrum throwing juvenile trying to proclaim things into existence that simply are not.
Going back to the, “Are you sure?”, question… if you try and say the duly elected president is not your president then know this: You are not patriotic. You do not value law & order. You do not value what’s best for the country. You do not love your country, nor even respect the Constitution. You are one step shy of a traitor.
For the record, I’m not all that enamored with Joe Biden’s big-government-loving persona, either, and I’d rather he tone it down, but he’s my president.