It’s a silly premise, isn’t? For a long time I dismissed the comparisons some people gave of the two. While it’s become obvious there are similarities politically, though Trump would best be called “Hitler Lite”, the similarities are still there all the same. To that end read this opinion piece, Is it wrong to compare Trump to Hitler? No. | Opinion. It offers a good perspective.
But that’s not why we’re here today. How do they rate against each other AS MEN. As people. As human beings.
One great thing about history is we have interesting comparisons…
- Adolf Hitler was loved by his mother, and she by him. Donald Trump was such a dick as a child his mother had him sent away to a military boarding school, just to get him away from her.
- Adolf Hitler was an artist. He had a lifelong interest in art and architecture. Donald Trump has golf and… I’m drawing a blank.
- Adolf Hitler served in World War I at the front lines, and served honorably. He was a messenger in the trenches, which is a very dangerous job, and was wounded twice. He received medals for his bravery. Donald Trump lied about bone spurs to stay out of the military entirely.
- When Adolf Hitler led his first insurrection, the Beer Hall Putsch, he physically led his people in the march and took part in the violence and attempted insurrection, even being wounded himself. When Donald Trump inspired his insurrection he led his followers to believe he would march with him… then skulked away to watch it on television.
- Adolf Hitler liked dogs. Donald Trump doesn’t have even that.
But not to worry, there is a similarity worth noting…
- Both men like(d) young women/girls… relatives, in incestuous ways. Adolf Hitler was infatuated with his niece, Geli Raubal, to the point she (probably) committed suicide over it. Donald Trump is known to have a thing for his daughter, Ivanka, telling Howard Stern it’s ok to refer to her as a “piece of ass”. One must wonder what his dreams are like.
So there’s that.
Now, Adolf Hitler was a vile despicable person, unworthy of any praise, but we’re not praising we’re comparing two amoral people. It could be argued the reason for Trump not causing more damage along the same lines is he failed much earlier, and maybe that’s the lesson here… he cannot be allowed to continue. Be that as it may, it is clear when it comes to courage and conviction and even some sort of minimal intellectual interest, Adolf Hitler was a better person than Donald Trump.
Pretty bad when one of the vilest men in history is a better man than you.