Here we are at the two year mark. Things have changed, things have stayed the same. I don’t have a specific topic this time, but rather I will pontificate on some random topics. As you know I don’t like extreme, that’s kinda the whole point behind this site, but I do like extreme randomness. That being said, let’s review some of the randomness that has happened in the last couple years…
- We have since elected a complete idiot as President. Not that the realistic alternative was in any way better (just different), but still…
- Extremism and partisanship has gotten even worse.
- Trump is doing things that will take years to fix, primarily in foreign relations. The man is adept at alienating even friends and allies. I actually think he enjoys it, which is just sick.
- I have noticed that the mainstream media is visibly and openly anti-Trump… despite their denials… sometimes subtle, but sometimes blatant, as well. So much for journalism, I suppose.
- In spite of my vehement loathing of Trump, both as a person and as a politician, there are some things I agree with. For example, I like his tough stance on illegal immigration. The Wall is freaking dumb, and always has been, but we have laws for a reason and should be enforced. Just one example, more to follow.
- I have liked his tough stance on North Korea, just not necessarily his specific words and actions. As of this writing he may actually be meeting with Kim Jong-un sometime next month, so we shall see what happens. Personally, I think the meeting is still 50/50 at this point.
- For the most part I like his recent tax bill… which is still the ONLY significant victory he can claim… though I do have some reservations. I’d like it to be permanent for people like it is for business. I’d like it to have corresponding spending decreases, right now it’s going to severely increase the national debt. Many of the program reductions or eliminations that are being proposed are just going to be passed on to local and/or state government, and how will they pay for it? Raise taxes? Does this mean my taxes are going to remain the same regardless? Is this going to end up being nothing more than a shell game?
- The GOP has proven to be broken. I don’t even recognize them anymore. Right now I cannot respect them. I am actually hoping they do a “crash-and-burn” in the upcoming 2018 mid-term election so that maybe they’ll get a clue and be forced to rethink.
- The previous point sounds great, right? Maybe we’ll actually move in a positive direction again, right? Unfortunately, politicians are very arrogant and power-hungry and selfish. Trump’s election should have been the slap upside the head that the Democrat Party needed to convince them to completely rethink. Clearly, they didn’t get the memo. They’re still the same old arrogant organization they’ve always been. No lesson learned.
- Per the previous two points, if you can’t figure out by now that neither party really gives a rip about you, then you’re hopeless.
- The economy is going pretty well. Trump and his Suckers are taking all the credit, even before the inauguration, which is absurd, but whatever.
Like I said, just some random thoughts. I’m sure I’ll post this and think of a few more, but this works as some light reading for you. 🙂